Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summa, summatime!

It's shameful how long it's been since my last update. I'm not going to lie...the next update may be just as long if not longer.

The summer has been one of the best in my life. I've filled it with bicycles, taking lots of photos, hangouts with a myriad of characters ranging from the good, the bad and the ugly. Job aside, I've been swamped with outside projects that have saved my soul and given me many good things to look forward to in the fall.

Normally I feel overwhelmed in the summer simply because the number of activities and invites go up and the energy level is high. Sleep is non-existent and the pressure to constantly be doing something is too great. This summer, while I have felt stressed and overwhelmed a bit, I've also been quite happy and excited about the work I'm doing. I've had a couple projects that are near and dear to me, so I'm more than happy to sacrifice sleep and sanity.

And finally, finally, I have the opportunity to go abroad in the fall. I don't want to give too many details as the press release hasn't come out yet, but I'm helping some good folks plan a music festival in Europe. So if all falls into place, I'll be heading over in November. I figure I have to take this opportunity to do a bit of travelling and writing and simply recharging my soul and body.

It's been a great last few months and I'm learning a lot, but I'm also scared shitless. I've taken on a few new challenging roles, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Fake it until you make it, I guess.

No comments: