Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Sometimes I think people suffer bad days collectively. Today was one of them. A lousy day. It was one where people just felt mean. Luckily though, I had a good end to a bad day. My friend Paul brought up a good point. He blames the collective bad mood on the Leonid meteor shower, and from my wholly un-scientific research (namely an informal survey of my friends) we all either had rotten days yesterday or today.

Methinks cosmic events wreck havoc on our petty human lives. It's like the full moon. It's called "lunacy" for a reason. Jails are fuller, there are more accidents, murders and crimes, and people are generally nuttier when it's a full moon. We can't help it. The gravitational pull messes with us.

And to think this was the week I decided to give up coffee.

AT least The Rural Alberta Advantage's acoustic set at Soundscapes helped the day end on a better note. That band has a special place in my heart.

No comments: