Monday, February 15, 2010

Inspiration abound

I went to Montreal over the weekend. Again. Every time I go to that city, I feel so inspired. There is a wonderful, quirky art scene there, and I am always in awe of the innovative and creative things people make.

As a result, I feel inspired to create again. More than just words. It's like Montreal kick-started the creative engine, so I'm going to work on some fun projects. One of my favourite things to do is assemble packages for people. My dear friend Ian suffered a loss recently, so I am writing him a letter and gathering some things to try and cheer him up.

I also picked up these beautiful letterpress blocks with images imprinted on them. I'm not sure what era they are from, but the one of the men in the library reminds me of the 50s or 60s. I'm planning to display them like photos on my wall, since I have such high ceilings and so much wall space. I <3, <3, <3 them. There's something so terrific about a moment forever captured on a wood block.

No comments: