Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time is $$$

Your most important asset isn't your skills, capability, friends, social standing, money, looks or anything of that silly sort. It's your time. Time, time, time. I've been obsessed with thinking about time lately: How to manage it better, how to squeeze every possible second out of the day, what to do with the precious moments I have when I'm not working and importantly, how to juggle that work/life balance, and looking at who I spend it with. We already waste so much time working -- in some cases for people we don't even like doing tasks we loathe.

Your time is kinda like your virginity. A gift you bestow onto others. Depending on who you give your time to, it can either be an intensely enjoyable or soul-crushingly miserable experience. And you'll never get that time back, so you'd better choose wisely. Unless you like wasting it, a reckless forfeit of time, then by all means, pop that time-cherry and spend it with any random schmuck.

I hate wasting time. I'm not saying that you have to spend every moment doing something. There is a great value in relaxation and doing nothing. Just not all the time. And you're bound to spend it with some random schmuck or wish you could have chosen your companion wiser every once in a while.

The point is, most of the time you can choose how and who to spend your pockets of time with. (How many times will I say time in this post?) I'm not a television watcher, and I hate just lying about when I can be working on some kind of creative project. And I hate spending it with people who are time spoilers.



Oh yeah, I was pretty delighted to find this Make Something Cool Everyday project. Now, that's a nice way to spend your free time.

No comments: