Sunday, May 30, 2010

What is going on?

The last little while has been a bit crazy, to say the least. I'm not that superstitious usually, but the events that unfolded in the last 48 hours have me freaked out.

First of all, let me say that it was a full moon on Friday. Weird shit happens during a full moon. Maybe it's myth, maybe it's lore, but a series of events that occurred on Friday and leading up to Friday have left me well spooked. Without going into too much detail, there were just some unpleasant reminders of the past popping up, a couple of high-profile deaths as well as a shooting in my neighbourhood. Yes, a freakin' shooting. I'm still majorly wigged out by all that's transpired.

As far as I know, the victim is going to be fine, but still. The whole feeling is unsettling.

The other thing I wanted to mention is I'm lucky. At the end of the day, I've surrounded myself with good people who are supportive, amazing, talented, creative, enthusiastic and genuine.

This was reinforced when I went back to Edmonton for a visit. Not only do I have good peeps here, I have good peeps there. Despite the problems I have with Edmonton, I'm so blessed to still have incredible friends there. So, so, so blessed. So, thanks.

Plain and simple...thanks.

No comments: