Sunday, January 31, 2010

My eyes are starving for beauty

Rah-rah-rah ROM! Oh, I'm a fan. Maybe not a fan of the 25 bones you have to pay to get in, but coinage aside, I likes, I likes. Yesterday, Julie and I went to see the Cut/Paste: Creative Redesign exhibit at the ROM, and it was a true delight. The idea behind the exhibit was to create new design using salvaged or old products.

It never ceases to amaze me what ingenuity people are capable of. It's like innovation and ideas are endless. When we were going through the other permanent exhibits, (nevermind we didn't have time for the Bat Cave or the biology floors, wah!) the ones that looked at civilizations and history, my mouth was constantly agape. There are so many products and inventions humans create, it's so crazy to see only a small portion of them catalogued and under glass.

We were speculating what sort of stuff will be put into museums years from now that represent our modern inventions and civilization.

The answer? Probably a whole lot of plastic (one of the banes of my existence, but I'll leave that rant for another day).

And probably this:

No comments: